Sunday, February 04, 2007

Car and Home Insurance




I am one of those people who believe the insurance industry is essentially corrupt. Having lived through Andrew and seen what companies like Allstate did to homeowners in the aftermath, I do not have a great opinion of insurers.

Having said that, I am also one of those people who have had to take advantage of having car insurance. I've never owned a home, so I've never had home insurance, but I have had my car stolen twice and have been in more auto accidents than I can count on both hands. All but 2 of those occured in Miami and involved me gripping the wheel and either being slammed into from behind or unable to avoid slamming into the idiot who pulled out in front of me. All but 3 of THOSE involved uninsured motorists.

So while I do not trust insurers, I realize it is a necessary evil and one would be foolish to not be insured. You can compare car insurance here.


Labels: , , , , ,