Sunday, December 17, 2006

Boniva!



Sally Fields is shilling for this product (and no, I'm not getting paid for this), and the big push behind it is how horribly inconvenient it is to "set aside one day a week to take a pill", while Boniva is once a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the market for this product women over 50? The ad has Ms Fields in her kitchen making biscuits or something. So Ms. Got-No_kids cuz they're all moved out, stay-at-home-housewife, or divorced and doing not much besides hobby-baking can't handle one pill a week? Complaining that they have to "set aside time" to take a pill? Is there a long ritual associated with this pill that it's that difficult to fit into your tight retiree schedule? Do you need to grind it up and snort it?

Seriously, I know it's just the advertisers prodding their product's one single benefit over the competition, but c'mon. You couldn't think of anything better than "it takes too much time to take a pill four times a month. Once a month is soooo much better?"

I don't think I want a pill that's so powerful I only need it once every 30 days! Seriosuly, what kind of powerful drugs are coursing through my body for 30 days? Especially now with the whole hormone therapy-breast cancer connection. How about taking some damn calcium? Ain't that what bones munchy-wunch on?