Thursday, August 02, 2007

Furniture From Home




If you're like most people, the idea of shopping for furniture in a furniture store is not particularly appealing. My experiences with them have been nearly as bad as shopping for cars. In fact it's almost identical! As soon as you walk in, you notice the sales sharks hanging by the front door, waiting for vict... I mean customers to walk in, and then they pounce! They offer to help and then they follow you around as you browse, asking annoying questions. "What are you looking for?" Ummm...furniture? "Can I help you find something?" Why? Is the furniture hard to find? Ah, no, there it is, all around me...

Now you can shop for furniture online from the company. Furniture From Home.com has a great selection of furniture in many different styles and price ranges. You can shop by room or color. You can even shop by style!

Furniture From Home offers everything for the home office to the bedroom. They even have a decent selection of backless bar stool

I really like the Queen Espresso bedroom set. I'm a sucker for the dark contemporary wood.

The site itself is attractive and easy to navigate. I had no trouble finding anything, though I would have liked a more detailed listing of styles and furniture item links. The good thing is they have an onsite search engine to solve that problem. It seemed to work pretty good for most things, but there were some issues. For example, the word "dresser" turned up nothing. I suppose that's not what they call that item, but what would they call it? I found some by simply searching "bedroom".

Overall it's a nice site and I could see myself using it if I was looking for furniture.




Labels: , , , ,