Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentine's Day



There is an article on Valentine's Day in this blog: BELISI on Valentine's and they ask the question of what's the best and worst Valentine's Day gift you've ever received.

This Valentine's Day was a little weird. First, I'm in Arizona now, living with my fiance and her two boys, along with my own daughter, so it's odd to start off with, but then there's the fact that my fiance doesn't really care too much about dates or holidays, which is very different from any other woman I've ever dated.

Still, I'm planning on getting her something on my way home from work anyway, since, as a male, It's been ground into my brain that, while women may say things like "I don't care if you get me anything or not", that's just baloney and if you show up empty-handed, you're toast. So I'm heading to the mall and she calls me on the phone and asks if I would stop by the store and get a new toilet seat, as the guest bathroom one's hinge is busted.

So I show up at the door and hand her the toilet seat and say "Happy Valentine's Day!" and she is still cool with that.

To top it all off, she had gotten me a dark chocolate candy bar and left it by the bed with a sexy note, and I didn't see it till it was time to sleep. And she is still cool with that.

So the best Valentine's Day gift I ever got is her.



Labels: , , , , , ,